[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Jetty 7 in DSO installation  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta Platform
sssiva03

neo

Hi All,

Can we use Jetty 7.x.x with Terracotta DSO/Custom Installation ?
We are not able to find any tim for jetty 7. The latest tim-jetty available is for 6.1. Does that mean, jetty 7 is not supported in DSO installation ?

Shiva.
lorban

jedi

There is no TIM supporting jetty 7 at the moment and the one for jetty 6 won't work as there were too many changes made to Jetty's core.

Unfortunately, our express web sessions product suffers from the very same lack of jetty 7 support.

We may consider writing a TIM as well as adding web sessions support for jetty 7 in the future. If you'd like this to happen, please let us know!

Ludovic Orban (Terracotta engineer)
sssiva03

neo

Thanks for the reply, lorban.

We were using different jetty versions with terracotta in our product for more than 4 years. Now we are in a position to move to jetty 7.

We would definitely want to see a tim for jetty 7 soon. Without this feature, we won't be able to continue with terracotta DSO installation.

Shiva.
hhuynh

cherubim

There is now support for Jetty 7.4.x in express session (not DSO)

The filter to use is TerracottaJetty74xSessionFilter

The doc to show you how to use Terracotta express session is here

http://terracotta.org/documentation/web-sessions-intro.html#361447504_pgfId-1124340

For Jetty 7.4.x, you need to copy terracotta-toolkit runtime jar and terracotta-session jar to <jetty7>/lib/ext folder

You can try it out with a trunk nightly kit
eladh

neo

Hello .

I'm facing a similar issue .

i installed the open source version of terracotta-3.7.5 in order to investigate the web session.

I followed the instructions:

the first issue was that the server throw some errors that he couldnt serilaze some of the object - i fixed this issue.

but after connecting the servers when i looked at the terracotta console i didnt see any user based sessions.

i saw that the servers connected Ok but in the object browser i saw only terracotta internal objects and the session was empty.

i tried to add the following but still , nothing .

i checked in tomcat 7 (+ java 7) and (Jetty 7 + java 6) nothing .

any help ???

10x

<application>
<dso>
<instrumented-classes>
<include>
<class-expression>*..*</class-expression>
</include>
</instrumented-classes>
<web-applications>
<web-application>sessionapp</web-application>
</web-applications>