[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Help needed for webwork related war file  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
archian

neo

Hello All,

I am new to Terracotta. I need to do clustering of my webapp with terracotta. so, i imported the war file through session configurator. My web application uses webworks.

Could anyone help me out what are the additional configurations to be done to include webwork related jar files.

The current situation is i am able to get two instances of my web application. But if i update one instance, the same is not getting reflected in the other instance.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
-Rajesh
zeeiyer

consul

Hi Rajesh:
I don't think we have any official support (e.g. config bundle) for Webworks. However it might just work - as you respond to exceptions the Configurator throws at you.

What specific exceptions are you seeing (UnlockShared, NonPortable, BootJar related) ?

Instead of 2 nodes, you could start with a simpler test - you could bring up the Admin Console and see if you see clustered data under the Root node and you see clients connecting as expected under the Clients node of the tree-widget that appears on the left screen of the Admin Console.

Iyer

Sreeni Iyer, Terracotta.
Not a member yet - Click here to join the Terracotta Community
archian

neo

Hello Iyer,

Thanks for the prompt response. I managed to remove the exceptions related to BootJar.

The current situation is am able to get the session for my webapp under Root of Admin console and all the classes are listed under Classes of the Admin console. Also, am able to get 2 instances for my webapp under Clients of Admin console.

The issue which i am trying to figure out is within one node am able to get and update data as and when required. But if i update in one node, am not able to get the new data from another node.

Any hint where the problem could be?

Thanks and Regards,
-Rajesh
archian

neo

Hello,

Some more updates from me. I am trying with a sample web application which has only gets and sets (say for e.g. string and integer).

The test which i am trying to do is setting the values from one instance and trying to get the values from other instance. But this scenario fails. The issue I am facing is that I do not see data replication across two nodes.

Am i missing any configuration?

Thanks,
-Rajesh
gkeim

ophanim

Please see http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/docs1/Setting+Up+a+Tomcat+Web+Cluster

You need to use a load-balancer.

Gary Keim (terracotta developer) Want to post to this forum? Join the Terracotta Community
archian

neo

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the help. I solved the problem. It was a configuration which needs to be added in the tc-config.xml. I added a <field-name> since i had a singleton object for my web application.

Regards,
-Rajesh

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Web Sessions
Go to: