[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
DMI in TC Spring  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
vijay

journeyman

Hi all,

Are there any problems in using DMI in a Spring Web Apllication?

Are there any samples where DMI is being used in Spring Web Apllication?

Gordon

journeyman

Hi vijay,

From a technical point of view, because Spring support is built on top of core DSO functionality, DMI works.

On the other hand, we support clustered events in Spring, which use DMI underneath. To contrast, with events, users code against the Spring API (with raw DMI there is no special API). You could also say Spring events are less scoped as Spring doesn't have a mechanism to route specific event types to selected subsctibers.

If you are interested in purchasing support for such an application, I would check with your Terracotta representative as to whether use of the DSO DMI functionality would change the cost structure of the support. However, I hope this answer covers your technical questions.

Regards,

Gordon
Sr. Systems Engineer
Terracotta, Inc.
vijay

journeyman

Hi Gordon,

But is distributing Spring Event less efficient than DMI?

And in my web application if I add <dso> tag with the DMI details then will it work? Will it be better than Spring event?
Gordon

journeyman

Hi vijay,

Because clustering Spring events use DMI under the covers, I would not say one is more efficient. A difference that's useful to understand is that with DMI, you can configure it such that the distributed method fires only on nodes where the method's parent class is already loaded (vs. having to load the class on nodes where it is not already resident in order to fire the method).

I have used a dso tag in a Spring application successfully.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Gordon
Sr. Systems Engineer
Terracotta, Inc.

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
Go to: