[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Database Connection Pool - Cluster  XML
Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
navneet

journeyman

Hi,

Is it possible to Cluster org.apache.commons DBCP using terracotta ?

If yes, how can I write it in tc-config.xml file.
(I am using Spring)

Regards,
Navneet Singhal
zeeiyer

consul

Database Connection Pools can't be clustered with Terracotta, since database connections ultimately reference a socket (which is a resource native to that particular node). For a list of classes such as this - refer to the "Never Shareable classes" section at http://wiki.terracotta.org/confluence/display/docs/Unsupported+classes

Regards
Sreeni Iyer
Terracotta

Sreeni Iyer, Terracotta.
Not a member yet - Click here to join the Terracotta Community
Tim Eck

journeyman
[Avatar]

Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of a clustered connection pool versus local connection pools on each node? I'm mostly wondering if it is the actual database connections that need a "cluster" aspect, or is it the connection information (host. port, schema, user, etc)? If it is the latter, then there is definitely some opportunity for using DSO here
navneet

journeyman

Actually my intension is to provide single point of access of database connections to clustered application running on multiple nodes.
This help me in knowing how many database connections are at any moment of time is used by clustered application. and etc..

Regards,
Navneet Singhal
Pharaoh

journeyman
[Avatar]

This help me in knowing how many database connections are at any moment of time is used by clustered application 

Your database should be able to tell you how many users are connected to it via admin.
each read/write is done by any application on a node in the cluster.

/^\ Pharaoh /^\
http://pharaohofkush.blogspot.com/
[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]

Forum Index -> Terracotta for Spring
Go to: