[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
WARN: We couldn't load l1 reconnect properties (sometimes)  XML
Forum Index -> General Go to Page: Previous  1, 2
ericreid

journeyman

Didn't help.

Just to be clear on what I did:

* Downloaded your attachment
* Added to mvn repository with "mvn install:install-file -Dfile=slf4j-nop-1.0.2.jar -DgroupId=org.slf4j -DartifactId=slf4j-nop -Dversion=1.0.2 -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true"
* Checked out plugin repo listed
* Updated the pom.xml in the plugin to include the dependency
* ran "mvn clean install" in plugin directory
* ran "mvn tc:run" in my project directory

Eric
gkeim

ophanim

Did you alter you tc-maven-plugin dependency to version to be 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT? Sorry, I forgot that part.

Gary Keim (terracotta developer) Want to post to this forum? Join the Terracotta Community
ericreid

journeyman

gkeim wrote:
Did you alter you tc-maven-plugin dependency to version to be 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT? Sorry, I forgot that part.

Tried it. Still doesn't work.
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

Sorry there have been so many responses on here. It's a fairly common problem on windows that writing to stderr will block if there is no one consuming the output. That is clearly what is happening why the TC server is not starting (and thus not serving properties over http)

I wonder if the server is still stuck in the same place with this latest change to have the noop sl4j jar in use? I'm guessing we might see the server getting stuck at the next place any output is attempted.

I can see a potential problem with the way we start the TC server from the maven plugin, but I'd need to see your pom.xml to see if it would affect you.

Tim Eck (terracotta engineer)
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

I'm pretty sure you can do this as a workaround for this problem on windows. Change your pom.xml to use
<startServer>false</startServer>
<spawnServer>false</spawnServer> 
in the <configuration> for the tc-maven-plugin <plugin> of <build>. I'll attach an example.

With that you can start the TC server in a separate window using "mvn tc:start". Running tc:run will no longer start the server automatically
 Filename pom.xml [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  291 time(s)

ericreid

journeyman

teck wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can do this as a workaround for this problem on windows. Change your pom.xml to use
<startServer>false</startServer>
<spawnServer>false</spawnServer> 
in the <configuration> for the tc-maven-plugin <plugin> of <build>. I'll attach an example.

With that you can start the TC server in a separate window using "mvn tc:start". Running tc:run will no longer start the server automatically 

Yay! Works great! Thanks for working through this, guys!

Eric
steve

ophanim

Is this something we need better docs on? Should we create a doc jira?

Want to post to this forum? Join the Terracotta Community
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

Don't think we need better docs really, it's a bug IMO (http://jira.terracotta.org/jira/browse/FORGE-266)

Forum Index -> General Go to Page: Previous  1, 2
Go to: