[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
Download site down?  XML
Forum Index -> General
egil

neo

Hi, I wanted to try Terracotta, but sadly, the download server is down. Is there an alternative download location I could use?

Terracotta clustering for Tomcat seems promising, so looking forward to trying it out.
tgautier

seraphim

I don't see anything wrong - can you give more details on what you are seeing?

What OS are you using - what page did you hit when downloading (cut and paste exact url).

That will help us track it down if something is not working correctly.
[WWW]
egil

neo

When I try to download nothing happens. When I click on the "direct download", I am forwarded to:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/TCreleases/terracotta-windows-2.6.2.exe?Signature=Y%2F504T77525BPJTomWudFF4TGuU%3D&Expires=1219334347&AWSAccessKeyId=1ASD4K6SWEHW65J0HV82

which in turn gives the following error in Tomcat 3.x

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at s3.amazonaws.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

So it seems that the amazon web service you use is down?

Thanks!
tgautier

seraphim

The service is provided by Amazon - it is called Amazon S3.

Can you check with your network administrator - maybe Amazon S3 is blocked by your company?

S3 is functioning properly.

If this continues to be an issue we can post the bits somewhere for you to get. We'll just have to figure out where. :)
[WWW]
egil

neo

Ok, thanks for your help!

The site is not available from the company's networks at least, I will check when I get back home. It's strange though, they have never blocked anything else before.
tgautier

seraphim

Ok. Just as a further follow up - I clicked the URL you provided and the download started for me.
[WWW]
shenders

neo

Hi,

I'm having the same problem this morning - my dns can't resolve s3.amazonaws.com. I've had to resort to borrowing a friend's proxy server to download the files :)

Here's the nslookup output from my own connection if its any help:
Code:
C:\>nslookup s3.amazonaws.com
 Server:  ns2.centrictelecom.com
 Address:  217.150.98.3

*** ns2.centrictelecom.com can't find s3.amazonaws.com: Non-existent domain

It could be a specific problem with my DNS (I've reported it) but it does look like amazon have been having some general DNS problems lately - might be worth setting up a temporary mirror download location?

thanks,
Stephen

Forum Index -> General
Go to: