[Logo] Terracotta Discussion Forums (LEGACY READ-ONLY ARCHIVE)
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Expert]
How to deactivate instrumentation of Tomcat classloader?  XML
Forum Index -> General
bricardq

journeyman

Hello!
I want to use Terracotta to cluster application with EJBs and using Tomcat.
More precisely, I want to use Tomcat only to transmit requests from browser to EJB, and I don't want to cluster HTTP sessions.
Problem is dso-boot jar instruments Tomcat classloaders. Is there a solution to deactive this instrumentation?
Thanks
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

I wouldn't think our instrumentation of tomcat's classloaders would give you any trouble. What issue are you encountering that led you to this conclusion?

If you do not want clustered HTTP sessions, do not list any applications in the <web-applications> section of tc-config.xml

Tim Eck (terracotta engineer)
bricardq

journeyman

Actually, I am using Tomcat6 andTerracotta instruments classloader of Tomcat5.5.
Tomcat6 is an embedded version. I had to add import of Terracotta packages and org.apache.tomcat.util.compat package (because of 'NoClassDefFound' and 'Unresolved package in bundle' errors.
But Tomcat6 does not have compat package. I guess this is the cause of my troubles..
Finally, there is no way to deactive this instrumentation?
Does anybody know an solution to get round problem?
Thanks
teck

seraphim
[Avatar]

Unfortunately most of the tomcat instrumentation we are doing is hard wired (ie. it cannot be disabled). I might be able to figure out a workaround with some information, and at the very least I want to understand what is going wrong so I can capture a bug report here.

Can you post the various exceptions you get? In which classes did you add imports of terracotta classes?

Can you describe the basic process of how your are starting the embedded tomcat server (actual code would be best), including the jars you are including, etc?

Tim Eck (terracotta engineer)

Forum Index -> General
Go to: